Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Health Care Reform Not To Be Seen

Understanding on an issue truly comes from experience. During the election campaign John Kerry spoke of a reformed health care system that would provide you with a comparable amount of health care options as he gets as a Senator, dozens of choices. Unfortunately his idea wasn’t beaten into the heads of clueless America and he lost the election.

America lost the opportunity to examine how our elected official’s health care plans work so well for them and apply the system to the rest of us. Fear rhetoric from those ignorant conservatives about how this idea sounds like socialized medicine fogged up the minds of oh so reliable America.

The enormous loss to me and to the nation dons on me while I battle with my health care provider to take care of my health problems and not their financial problems of serving me. Wouldn’t it be nice to change providers at MY discretion, not my employers? It would be nice to receive better care with a provider that can afford to provide services beyond band aids and pain medicine. Regrettably my daydreams are not to be seen thanks to fears of terrorism and gay marriage.

Does the fault lie with John Kerry not being able to sell his idea or our ability to understand what is really important to us?